Thursday, January 15, 2009

Money

American dollars are the subject of my blog today for several reasons:

1.) Why is ALL of our money green? And not even like the cute, attractive green, but the ugly, barfy kind of green that makes you want to vom.
2.) Why are the covered in ugly old men?
3.) WHY WON`T they exchange my money here?!?

Today I went to change over some of my American cash. After checking my passport, the banker proceeded to color all over my bills with one of those conterfeit markers... I mean, I was only changing $25, but I guess they have been having problems with people making counterfeit American dollars and exchanging them for pesos. Anyway, he was eyeing me suspiciously and studying my passport as well as my money for almost 10 minutes. When he finally accepted that I was probably legit, he handed me back a $10 and a $1, saying that he wasn´t sure they were real because they looked too old! Hah! I didn´t quite know what to say to that, so I took the money back and signed for the money that he DID allow me to exchange.

I will end today´s little blurb by saying that Mexican money is SO pretty, and also completely free of old geezers.

No comments:

Post a Comment