Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Laundry

At home, I just lump all of my laundry together in a few giant loads, being WAY too lazy to sort it all out and wash it all separately. Usually, that causes some problems, which is mainly the reason that I don't bother to buy white clothing. Here, however, you get to take your laundry to the Lavanderia. Let me tell you, this is something. I remember the first time I got my clothes back from that place, I wasn't even certain they were mind. They send it back to you fresh, folded, pressed, steamed, cleaned, you-name-it... and you didn't know your clothes could even LOOK like that. Is that the same rumpled, sweaty shirt that was on my bedroom floor yesterday?

The only other news is that I am designing my own magazine here for my job. How many college internships do you find where your boss asks you to "please design a magazine, becuase we want to use the format you create." Wow, right? I will be sure to post pages as I go along!

Also... I may have found the means of getting to the infamous Caves of Calcetok! This is an underground dry cave system that is southwest of here... within are some Mayan ruins... and human remains! This of course strikes my Indiana Jones bone. The trip will require some extreme vertical descents via rope ladder as well as long crawls through tight spaces... my cup of tea. I am really excited to begin this sort of thing once again. For now, my life remains boring and full of work... so not really boring, actually.

But for all of those Indiana Jones fans out there: FEAR NOT! The next episode is coming soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment