Monday, January 19, 2009

Levis

So I will be modeling Levis tomorrow for the magazine... and I must say that they Mexican tastes vary quite a lot from the American styles. I am not sure how sunshine yellow plus brown plus grey plus denim vest plus purse plus boots plus giant sunglasses and baseball cap equal fashion. Another thought... "Does it fit?" is kind of a rhetorical question. I found that my answers were as unimportant as they were uninteresting. Who cares if I wear size 7 1/2 shoe? Why not 6? Or (I kid you not) 11? And if my foot didn't even GO IN, they would say... "It'll be better tomorrow when you have socks." Huh. Okay then. As far as sizing goes... I am bitter! The lady who was running the show didn't exactly seem to notice that I was there. Or perhaps she thought I didn't speak any Spanish. I say this because she seemed to think it very fit to critique my body as though I were not present! She didn't do it in a mean way... just in very matter-of-fact statements such as: "Those jeans are made for girls with skinny legs." Aw, THANKS! I wasn't hurt as much as I was bemused by the whole scene. I must say... I don't think I could do this for a living. After a while, bemused would turn into irked which would turn into downright annoyed... it would probably be very degrading to the self-esteem. This woman seemed to think that just because I was modeling her clothes, it gave her free reign to say whatever she felt like. Don't get me wrong, she was never rude or unprofessional... just a few comments here or there that made me say, "huh." You know? Well, anyway, I am super-excited for tomorrow... it will be a pretty singular experience, that is for sure! (Oh and as for the modesty of the clothing: I think nuns have shown more skin!)

Till tomorrow then!

No comments:

Post a Comment