Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Norman H. Miller

I apologize for the abrupt end to my blog. I do have some closing thoughts on my experience that I would like to share just to tie up my loose ends.

I had big plans to stay in Merida until March 27... you may notice that... it is not March 27 yet. I had to cancel my spring break plans because my Grandpa fell very ill. I managed to transfer my ticket for the very early morning of March 21, and I got to my Grandpa's house that evening around 7.

As it turns out, his heart and kidney's were failing. Becuase he was too weak, they could not do dialysis, so he left the hospital and chose to have Hospice come to take care of him in his home in the Toledo area. I got home in just enough time to talk to him. He was still thinking very clearly by the time that I got home, so I thank God for that opportunity.

The family had very many special moments this week. My Grandpa was truly an amazing man. In case anyone is interested, I have placed the link to the Toledo Blade's obituary... which does him little justice: http://www.legacy.com/ToledoBlade/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=125448149

The Blade is also putting forth an article on Friday (the day of his funeral) about some of the things that he did for this community.

I hope to write again very soon with closing thoughts... and on a much happier note.



No comments:

Post a Comment