Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yummy Chayotes


So, somebody (hint, hint mom!) needs to try some of my Yucatec recipes. I have put some real winners on there. I am actually excited that I am going to all the trouble because I will have a nice cookbook for myself when I get home.

I think there is not one food here that I do not like. One food I will certainly lement the loss of upon my return is chayote. Chayote is about as plain as they come. It is a pear-shaped vegetable but is plain as plain can be like a potato or lettuce. There is hardly any flavor to it at all when eaten on its own. The beauty of chayote is that when cooked WITH other things, it soaks up the flavor... and become to DIE for!

I am getting hungry now. Enjoy your processed food in the United States, peeps! I will be eating fresh guacamole and chayote for another month still!

No comments:

Post a Comment