Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Family Visit!

I should probably make mention of the fact that my family is here to visit me. This group consists of three generations of my family: my grandmother (nearing 78), my mom(ageless), my older sister Laura (22) and my little sister Mary Claire (13). Mary Claire is no longer so little... she now has several inches on me :(

ANYWAY, they came down during Laura's spring break to visit me and arrived on Friday. We have been preeeeeeeeetty busy since they got here Friday Night. They are staying in a hotel in the centro, so we have been basing ourselves there for day trips. Saturday we went to Progreso, which is the beach just north of hear on the Gulf. It was a perfect day, if not a bit breezy, but we had a great time. Sunday we stayed in Merida, did a lot of shopping and a lot of eating. We ended up going to Mass in the Cathedral, which I had never done before... and the sound there is terrible!! Yesterday was Chichen Itza, which of course is a World Wonder, and today we went to Campeche, which is on the UN list of Heritage Destinations.

Once they leave, I will have to do a little bit more justice to Chichen Itza and Campeche!

Tomorrow, we are off to see cenotes and haciendas. So they will have done cenotes, haciendas, ruins, forts, beach... the whole Mexican experience!! I hope that they are enjoying it as much as I am. More on all of this later... I would love to start now, but I have been pulling 18-hour days what with travel and all, so sleep is sounding pretty good right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment