Thursday, February 5, 2009

Secret Recipe... Now Unsecreted

Ok, I know I normally put recipes on the side and that I have already posted a recipe this week, but this one deserves it's own entry...

I got this from the only woman in the state of Yucatan who has the recipe... my mama! She says everyone begs her for the recipe. I guess since I am not a permanent resident of Yucatan, I get to have the recipe to send forth to all of you. By the way, my mama might be the best chef in all of Mexico. There is only one food she ever made that I felt indifferent to (and it had fish in it). The rest is amazing beyond all reason!

I don't know what the recipe is called... you will all have to think of a good name!

MAMA'S NAMELESS YUMMY DESSERT RECIPE:

Cake:
2 eggs (both yolk and white)
6 egg yolks
4 tablespoons of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder

Sauce:
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 cups orange juice

To make the cake, gently mix all ingredients. Grease a pot and pour the mix in, then cover it with foil. Heat a good amount of water in a larger pot until it is boiling, then place the smaller pot filled with mix inside. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until firm. Extract cake and put in a deep dish.

For sauce, heat water and sugar over the stove. Boil until it thickens slightly. Let concoction cool then mix in orange juice and pour over the cake. Chill overnight!

Just do me a favor and try not to pass this recipe onto anyone from Merida! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment